January 12, 2013

DIY: Newspaper Sunglasses


I am so excited to share this DIY with you! I am in love with how these turned out! 
You will need:
Newspaper
Flour
Water
A Pan
Scissors
An unwanted pair of sunglasses. (This doesn't work well with sunglasses that have a small frame)
Lay down some newspapers so as not to ruin anything.
You will need to make paper mach√© glue. I used this recipe. (The first one)

Once you are done with that, it's time to start dipping strips of newspaper into the paste, and wrap around the sunglasses. I did a couple layers because my sunglasses had bright pink polka dots! Be careful around the lens though. I used smaller strips around the lens. Since I have glasses cleaner, I just used that to clean the lens, but if you don't have that then u can just use water and a soft clothe to clean them. 

Let dry for 6 hours or so just to be safe and then rock your new sunglasses!
Have fun creating!
 -Zinnia

No comments:

Post a Comment